Friday, March 23, 2012

The Pandan Project

The pandan chiffon cake has always been one of those cakes all of us love, but none of us have dared to attempt to bake. It may look simple but trust me, it's nowhere close to being simple! (And I know that there are mega factories churning these out but damn! I don't know how these can retail at $2! There's a whole lot of effort that goes into these little things!)

Anyhoos...San, Karen and myself set out to challenge ourselves one weekend. And here's how it went down...


Chopping up the pandan from my very own backyard..


Mucking about with the pandan paste.


And our final product. A beautiful pandan cake which actually tasted pretty decent!! Boy were we proud of ourselves! Our next challenge is to make these into cupcakes. We did try but they didn't turn out too pretty so try, try again!

Till next time...

San, Karen & Phillie

No comments:

Post a Comment