Sunday, March 7, 2010

Food For Thought - Red Velvet

I really wanted Phillie and Charissa to try out Food For Thought’s Red Velvet. Now, the thing is, Singapore doesn’t have that many places that sell Red Velvet. From my previous trip to FFT, I felt that I could make better, so last night, I made some. All that’s left was for Phillie and Charissa to try some and compare which one was better, FFT’s or mine.

Here’s a picture to get you salivating…

My Red Velvet used Magnolia’s cake recipe and I added walnuts to the icing. I’m glad to say that after Charissa tried mine, she went…

“Yums! This is what Red Velvet is supposed to taste like!”

YAY! In comparison, the FFT Red Velvet was very dry and tasted like normal sponge cake, just with a little color added. I will let Phillie tell you her point of view, but in her own words…

“… tasted a bit like cardboard…”

So, in a very “not shy” manner, I declare… Mine is better!

2 comments:

  1. hahah actually, 'tastes like cardboard' were Charissa's words! i personally felt it was too heavy, yet super dry at the same time, I don't even know how that's possible, but that's how it was!
    And the cream cheese was waaay too overwhelming for the cake. And of course Karen's is much better! *burp*

    ReplyDelete