Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mae's kitchen's virgin cook out

My friend, Mae, just bought a new apartment. Well, not "just", it’s been a few months since she moved in. I’ve been told nonstop about her amazing show-kitchen-standard kitchen and how she refuses to use it. Sandra and I forced ourselves on her and had a virgin-cook-out at her place.

Earlier in the day, Sandra and Mae had prepared a beef dish. Sandra also made a yummy pork dish that tasted like what you’d get at Yoshinoya and I made Mapo Tofu. Now Mae had limited pots and pans, so by the time Sandra and I had our dishes going, we had to cook the broccoli in the microwave AND we did it all in half an hour!


All things considered, everything still turned out great. Even though the broccoli was slightly undercooked and Mae found a worm in it (and immediately stopped eating), we still wiped everything else out.

A few days after the cookout, Mae told me her kitchen was still oily! What an exaggeration, but the mapo tofu did create quite a splash!

No comments:

Post a Comment