Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Nigella's Lemon Drizzle Loaf Cake

A big thank you goes out to Phillie for bringing some Lemon Drizzle Loaf Cake for my mum when she was in the hospital. Mum was very touched!

Inspired by the what Phillie made, and my mum’s reminder of how much she adored it, I went about baking one too. It’s such an easy recipe to follow; within 20 minutes, the batter is in the baking tin and the whole lot was popped into the oven.

The reason the cake looks like it’s falling apart is because, in order to let the syrup soak into the cake mix, instead of using a toothpick or a skewer to poke holes in the batter, I used a knife! In the end, the effect was similar AND it was still yummy!

I didn’t have enough to give my dear friend, Phillie, so I will be making more SOON!


No comments:

Post a Comment