Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yes, I made my own birthday cake!



This is a brownie chocolate ganache ice cream cake. It was soooo delicious, my nephew and niece both had two slices each during my birthday celebration, one more slice when they woke up after their nap and finally one more slice before heading home. In my nephew's words, "we must eat as much as possible as we won't be able to eat this at home!" What can i say? Kids certainly don't lie when they know its something they like!

I also made this once while I was in Shanghai for a job stint during the summer; everyone there liked it then, and it was no different this time! My mother is my personal 'litmus test' for my creations; when a some one who doesn't like desserts tell you “Mmm.... this is good, the cake has a little salty twist that I like. Nice!” - its definitely an affirmation that its good! Hehe... blowing my own horn as usual.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment