Monday, August 2, 2010

Nutella rocks our world!!!!



I admit, I am not a huge fan of Nutella, perhaps only when I was a child (which explains why I was a fat kid). But i do know everyone else in the world is, which was and reaffirmed by my friend and colleague, Aundrea, from Two Oceans, the company that I do freelance for work. She requested that I baked something for everyone when I swung by the office the next time, and she wanted it to contain 3 key ingredients: Chocolate, Hazelnuts and, no surprises - Nutella!

So i set forth to make the most glorious Nutella Cake, going by the recipe from Miss Nigella Lawson, and succeeded in making the cake as pretty as she did for hers! I'm blowing my own horn again as usual, hahaha, and yes, I made a full cake and not cupcakes as I usually do – though that will be done on the next attempt! Hopefully it will work out as beautifully as it did this time, but for now, I'll just sit back and savour this rich yet delightful cake. I offered some to my mum too before passing out the rest to Aundrea and the rest of my colleagues, and it has instantly become one of my mum's firm favourites - that says a lot about the quality of the cake as she generally doesn't fancy anything sweet or with chocolate. Yes tooting my own horn again, but it was really that wonderful!
The nutella cake with chocolate ganache and hazelnut. yummmmmmssssss......

No comments:

Post a Comment