Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tarts R' Us!

More Chinese New Year posts! Can you tell we love CNY??

Anyways, my 3rd time making Pineapple Tarts. You'd think it gets easier, but nooo. It's still tedious! It did however get a wee bit faster tho! The 1st time I ever tried making it, it took me about 12 hours to make about 100 tarts. The 2nd time it took me about 8 hours, and this time, only 7 hours! Still time consuming if you ask me, considering how some cookies only take an hour or so, from start to finish! Buuuut...this post is about Pineapple Tarts, so let's focus!

Here's a little secret, I really am not a big fan of Pineapple Tarts (yes, I know, I'm a failed nyonya). I don't hate them, but I won't actually buy them! But I do love making them because the people I love, love 'em...and that's reason enough!

Presenting, Pineapple Tarts 2010, before:
Fresh out of the mould, and eggwashed, about to be chucked into the oven
Photobucket

And after:
Taken out of the oven round 1, pineapple added, crosses added, eggwashed again, oven round 2, and Voila!
Photobucket

Yall have yourself a very Happy Xin Nian!
Phillie

1 comment: