Sunday, January 17, 2010

China Bound

My shoot just ended and I already have the urge to bake and cook! Alas! This apartment only has a microwave that says it can grill but the sausages I tried to “grill” all just look microwaved! What do I expect right? So now I’ve taken to making slits and cooking them on stove top. Not the same though… not the same….

Since I can’t show any recent cookin/ baking sprees I shall post the most recent adventures! I got home from the last trip and immediately had the urge to bake. So I whipped up some checkered board cookies… super troublesome and REALLY hard to control in Singapore weather. The recipe says throw them in the fridge for half an hour, so I left them there for one and the half. Still the moment I bring them out to shape it melts! Frustrating! And it didn’t taste as great as I wanted it to be so I’m back on the drawing board with these troublesome cookies. But as Phillie knows, I LOVE troublesome. Hehe…

Here they are:

Photobucket

Next blog will be about the success story of white chocolate and cranberry cookies that my friend, Don LOVES and many people’s favourite, super duper chunky chocolate chips cookies!

Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment