Monday, January 25, 2010

Why buy them when you can make them?

So I set off to experiment on making my favourite pie on Christmas. It was a great success!! The pecan pie! Oh how I love thee! Yes, I realized I have very American taste for dessert, you can’t blame me, we were exposed to these damn American shows since young! One day I shall attempt to make something out of the great old United Kingdom! Land of bread and butter pudding and a great stiff upper lip. LOVE!


But for now, let me go into the excitement of making the pecan pie, it is troublesome like all pies I guess. I had to make the dough first, put it in the fridge, then bake it while cooking the maple syrup and pecan, pour the mixture in the pie crust and bake it again! The outcome was amazing and definitely worth it!! The maple syrup melting together with the pecan combined with the crusty dough...Heaven! Yes, I’m blowing my own toot again. Hehe…


Like always, my mum thinks it’s too sweet but she picked at it everyday after that for about a week. There was quite a bit of left over since it was just me and my mum, so everytime we take it out from the fridge, we heat it up and have it with vanilla ice cream. Even better! I will bake it again when I'm back in Singapore. For now, enjoy looking at my favourite pie of all time…



Photobucket

Photobucket

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment