Sunday, January 17, 2010

Good things happen in big huge sizes!

Hehe…

In my last entry I wrote about the unsuccessful checkered board cookies. Now I’m gonna write about two super successful cookie. Yes TWO! These were yums! One of them is the white chocolate, cranberry cookies and the other is the super duper chunky chocolate chip cookie.

i have to say, my mum is not a huge fan of any of my cakes cause she thinks they are too sweet but she loves these two cookies I make. The cranberry recipe actually calls for dried cranberries but I have soooo many packs of frozen cranberry I decided to use them. The results…AMAZING!!! The cranberries burst as they bake! Soft cookies with melty white chocolate and BURST of the color red. Need I say more? They are my dear friend, Don’s favourite. So easy to make but like all cookie recipes, the dough needs to be chilled. Yes, phillie, no lazy things. They have to be chilled.

Photobucket

The next one is SUPER yums! They are huge, maybe a little too big for some people but they r liked by many, many, many people so far. I had a friend who said, wah, like eating cake. Hahaha… but for me, good things come in HUGE packages. Hehe… so these ones have to be chilled too! I had to bring some back to shanghai for some friends so I did what the recipe lady taught and that was to put them in dough form, put them in the plastic egg crates and throw them in the freezer! They can last for 3 months in there. So before I left, I heated up the oven, took the cookies out, arranged them and threw them in. and in 25 minutes, Voilà!!!!! Yumsters! Enjoy looking at them, hope some you will be lucky enough to try them!

Photobucket

Karen

2 comments: